Thread: Tire Question
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 03:48 AM   #22
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
<snip> When did your Carlise explode and what were the circumstances? A spare, under a dark tire cover...how old?
Sorry, it's been a couple years so I don't remember things like age of the tires and such. What I do remember is it was a spare on the boat trailer. The same day the spare tire hanging on the bumper of my TT exploded as well. Neither tire had been used.
The TT spare was covered, the boat trailer tire was not. It wasn't exposed to direct sun though.

Less than 10 years ago Carlisle had a pretty poor reputation as I recall. But the reality is there is no ST tire manufacturer that hasn't had a turn in the barrel.

Over the years I've owned a class 'A', three travel trailers and two fifth wheels. I've towed innumerable RV's from Indiana to as far as California, Texas and Florida. Yet I never experienced a single blowout. I've picked up new campers with flat tires caused by screws from the factory floor, but no blowouts.
Maybe I'm getting old, maybe I read too much, I don't know why I've gotten so concerned about tires.
I think I just need to quit worrying and go camping.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote