View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 10:58 AM   #52
bsmith0404

Everyone I spoke to was very careful in their wording. I believe it’s canned responses off a cheat sheet. At no point did anyone say it voided the warranty. The wording used is they haven’t completed the testing yet to approve the hitch. If they were going to void or disapprove the warranty claim, based on my understanding and the response from Gen Y, they would have to show testing results. The one that the rep did say without a doubt is that anything that attaches to the king pin such as the Andersen has been tested and is not approved.

I think becomes a big flex your muscle contest between manufacturers. One has to pay to get it approved, the other has to pay to prove it causes problems. It probably comes down to fighting over which one is actually going to pay and how much. Until then, they’ll be careful with how they answer the question.

I had phone conversations as well as email with Lippert. I’m my last email, I specifically asked if use of the Gen Y will void the frame warranty. I have not received a response yet. I’ll see how they answer the direct question that everyone seems to be dancing around
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote