Thread: liabilty?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 08:45 AM   #2
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
If a member give incorrect or inaccurate technical advice and this advice results in damage or worse by an individual reading this advice and following this advice, does the forum or a member have any legal liability? Examples would be electrical and suspension/tires where dangerous information was offered and a forum member followed this advice and had damage or was harmed. Of course, the misleading advice was not given maliciously. Just curious.
I'm obviously not an attorney, so I'll just offer up an opinion. If you stopped to help me along side the road, and I told you...."Go jump off of a bridge", and the next bridge you came to, you stopped, got out of the car/truck/whatever....and jumped off the bridge and was injured or even drowned.....I'm not responsible for your actions as it was just some advice. Now, if you were clearly mentally challenged (you probably would be driving, but let's say you are) and I told you the same thing, there might be some liability......but again, I'm no attorney so my advice.....DON'T go jumping off of a bridge on me now!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote