View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 08:35 AM   #53
sourdough
Site Team

This comment is a little off topic from the original "upsizing axles" but falls in line with the last few comments and does have a bearing on the original topic in that respect.

As newbies, overloading, lack of experience and situations they might find themselves in are discussed I will say this;

I thought last year was bad with all the new folks buying RVs, clueless, and trying to get to RV parks and "unwind". Well, this year puts last year in the shade. I never dreamed I would see SO many people with RVs trying to "get away". Since we left in Oct. and arrived here in Nov. those numbers of folks continues to climb. I thought it was bad over the winter but since Feb. this park, which is still building new sites, is full continually with folks pulling in daily it seems. Heck, they even agree to take sites still under construction.

When the owner was contemplating the park expansion (about triple in size) I discussed her plans with her and chose the space I wanted for my yearly stays then she built it up for me - very nice of her. When we discussed I told her "build it and they will come"...and they have. In my walks around the park you run into all kinds of units people are getting, from 40 year old dilapidated, no slide TTs to brand new 5th wheels and Class A diesel pushers - and everything in between. In those walks I try to visit a bit with folks I meet and they run the gamut, from experienced, old time RVers to brand new, green owners....LOTS of brand new, green owners - maiden voyage green. Many of the green folks know nothing more than what the salesman told them when they drove off and they are now trying to learn "on the fly". Those folks have no earthly idea of loading, weights, axles, tires, wheels etc. etc. All they know is if they can stuff it in and it will "go" they're golden - which ties right back in to the previous comments and the topic of the thread.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote