View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 09:27 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETAFCHIEF View Post
JRTJH: Why would the factory say there is one valve? The dealer had two people all over the bottom searching and I searched as well.To say there are reasons not to use one valve doesn't make another magically appear. I had a Flagstaff for 4 years and the factory did input through the forum. I did contact them directly and was passing on their response. Is that wrong? Insisting the members are incorrect is not consistent with a forum. "Newbies" ask questions and from what I've seen, the valve issue is a long-term problem. I guess we just ignore the problem instead of comparing notes. If the dealers can't find the valves and the factory rep says one valve, what is a "Newbie" to do?
I'd urge you (or any other newbie) to work it out with the dealer, ask the question here, and accept the input from other members. It does no good to "yell and scream about Keystone" or to call the factory "incompetent" because you don't understand why they did something a particular way. Being frustrated is fine, just don't do it on this forum with the expectation that somehow, Keystone will "rush to your rescue"... It ain't gonna happen....

What's a newbie to do? Ask, listen, learn, talk to the dealer, contact Keystone, read the manual, compare other trailers to yours, an a host of other things. But expecting a response from Keystone on this forum isn't one of them....

To add to Jack's comments, to date (I haven't seen everything Keystone changes) all of their entry level and mid level trailers use "waste fluid tanks" that are the same size. So, if you have a 28 gallon black tank, you can expect to either have 28 gallons (one tank) or 56 gallons (2 tanks) for gray water. The same with a 34 gallon black tank, you'll find either 34 gallons or 68 gallons of gray capacity. Until now (2018 model year) those two gray tanks have had two valves, one for each tank. Until now, the problem has been whether they are tied to one outlet or whether one gray tank had a separate sewer hose connection (requiring a "Y" connector) on the sewer hose. To date, they have ALL had a valve on each tank outlet.

IF there is a change at Keystone and they are now installing a single gray tank valve (inside the coroplast covered basement) it is a new concept and one that I have not yet seen. Is it possible that they changed the plumbing layout? Yup, it is possible. Is it an "across the board on all brands" kind of change? Not that I can see. Several people with 2018 trailers built by Keystone have commented that they have two gray tank valves, so it's not uniform (if it is happening at all).

My "distant guess" (if I were to make one) would be that the extension rod and valve handle came loose on your trailer and fell off during transport from the factory to the dealer and the dealer "missed the handle replacement" on your trailer. I say this because you stated that there are two "gray valve" stickers on the side of your trailer, one on top of the other. That would not be the situation "IF" there was one handle, at least from this distance away from the trailer and making a guess. I'd think that somewhere on your coroplast is a "tiny slit" where the other valve handle was attached or on the frame rail up near the existing valve handle is a small hole where the other valve handle "used to be".

You can determine if there is one valve by simply running water in the bathroom sink and in the kitchen sink until both tanks are full. If no water is flowing out of the sewer hose, then you know both tanks are "closed by a valve or valves". Pull that "ONE HANDLE" and see if both tanks empty. If they do, then apparently Keystone changed their plumbing design. If, however, when you pull that single handle, only one tank empties, you'll know there's something "missing".

I sense your frustration, but directing that frustration toward Keystone by posting it on this forum won't resolve anything. It's like looking at the TV and yelling at your favorite team for making a mistake on the field. You might feel better, but you know that the players didn't hear you, no matter how loudly you yelled..... Same with Keystone and this forum.......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote