View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #27
Leatherman

I too have the Champion 3100W inverter. I have had it for close to 3 years now. It has never failed to start on the (normally) the 1st pull or (rarely) the 2nd pull. It runs everything in my 30A trailer (24RKPR) with no issues. The eco mode is very quiet and when boon docking no one has complained about the noise.

No matter the make/model or price point for a generator maintenance is key. I routinely run it monthly and put a draw on it with either the trailer or something else. This normally lasts about 30 minutes. I also change the oil annually unless it has a lot of hours on it and then more frequently.

I also installed one of those clocks/counters that shows the time so I can use it for maintenance tasks. That is the one thing missing from my Champion that I wish they had installed from the factory.

I always let it run dry after use and I always use NON ETHANOL gasoline in my generators. I also have a whole house Generac generator for my home and use the same maintenance schedule for it.

My only reservation about the 3100w Champion is the weight. Although I can lift it into the back of my pickup now, it seems to get heavier each time I move it . I would probably have purchased the two of the 2000W Champion units and stacked them. When boon docking in the Fall and early Spring I don't need to run the AC and they are easier to lift in and out of my truck.

I will certainly purchase Champion again and recommend that brand for cost and ease of use.
2018 Keystone 24RKPR (Previous)
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote