View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
earlzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The Keystone RV website doesn't have specs listed for the 252RL, it's all TBD meaning "to be determined". I found one model listed at a RV dealer in Dothan, AL with the following specs: Length 31' 10", Hitch Weight 735 lbs,
Dry Weight 6500 lbs, Gross Vehicle Weight 9000 lbs.

Using the GVW as a guideline, the actual tongue weight (10-15%) will range from 900 - 1350 pounds. So, even with a "max tow" F150, depending on the year, payload, other equipment and hitch, you may be far "outclassed" by that trailer.

Considering the payload, when you deduct the tongue weight, hitch weight, passenger weight, you may find that your F150 is overloaded before you put any cargo in the bed, a cap or tonneau cover on the bed, or even a tool box in the bed.

That's a pretty large trailer for any half ton truck, not because the EcoBoost motor can't pull it, but because the truck suspension/frame can't carry the load.

I'd urge you to do some serious "number crunching" before committing to that trailer. You may find that you've bit off more than you can chew, and that's not a comfortable place to be with a new truck payment and a new trailer payment.
That is a heavy trailer. I would have never thought it.
Most trailers in that class are 1/2 ton towable. What a killjoy to see these numbers.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk