View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 03:58 AM   #4
tbfoxrdms

Not to scare you, (and this may not be your exact problem), but we had a problem not long after taking possession of our brand new 2016 Outback 326RL. We noticed the thermostat couldn't keep the temperature. Then, the circuit breaker for the AC kept tripping. That was enough for us to call service. The technician found melted wires inside a melted Junction box ("J-box"). Apparently these are the wires that go to the thermostat. It was wired improperly and if the breaker hadn't tripped, it would have caught fire and burned down the trailer. The technician said it was wired improperly at the factory. Later last year, Keystone recalled Keystone Passports and Bullets (but of course not my Outback) for bad wiring in J-boxes. And this year the Coleman was recalled for the same thing. So, you may want to take a look at the J-box for scorching or wiring issues.

See picture of my J-box and wiring.
https://goo.gl/photos/TKveYGAAPXLQdnbC6

Since it was under warranty Keystone replaced the J-box but would not pay the $75 service fee for a technician to come out to my camper, even though it could have killed me and it was their fault.
tbfoxrdms is offline   Reply With Quote