View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:49 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theallde View Post
Just brought back our Cougar 30RLI from storage while the backyard was landscaped and discovered no 12V lights, etc. worked. Checked the batteries with a voltmeter and the reading was 12.8 - plenty of charge. Voltmeter confirmed electricity pass the batteries. Checked the circuit breaker fuses - all okay. Checked the converter fuses - all okay. Plugged in the 50amp and the lights, etc. all worked. Getting frustrated now !!! Disconnected the 50amp. Connected the trailer to the F250's electrical plug on the hitch - lights, etc. worked. LIGHT CAME ON, what about the battery disconnect in the pass through storage. YEP, it was off - turned it on and "let there be 12V lights".

Sat down and had a beer - lesson learned the hard way but a lesson was learned.

You can stop smiling now
I just went through this same process only when I flipped my disconnect back and forth nothing happened so I assumed the switch was good but I had a problem elsewhere and I had checked "everything"...or so I thought. Posted here and everyone pretty much had the same thoughts that I had had. When it became obvious to me that it HAD to be the disconnect I removed it and put a meter on it. Sure enough it wasn't working. Flipped it back and forth, wiggled it and poof! it started passing power. Now I have a new one sitting here waiting for the trailer to come back from the shop so I can replace it
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote