View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #7
Kelvininin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
Well, you stated that the W/H fires up on propane and then slowly dies as if you were running out of propane. You also stated that all of your other appliances work ok. Since the W/H will fire again after sitting for awhile, it still seems like a gas volume/flow issue to me. Either a regulator issue, safety valve issue or perhaps some sort of debris is restricting the flow of gas. I'm assuming you have already checked for spider webs or bugs in the gas orifice. I'm out of ideas. Hopefully someone will jump in with your answer
I can fire all other appliances at the same time while this issue is occurring.

I have already partially disassembled the valve assembly, the orifice is clean, the burner is clean. The furnace is fired off of the same T as the water heater, furnace is fine. My current assumption is there is something going on in the tubing going from the T to the water heater. I am going to replace it tomorrow, and run it a route where it can't hang up on anything. We are dry camping next weekend, hopefully I will get this figure out by then. If the line proves clean, I may replace the regulator anyway, just to eliminate it as a potential issue.
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
Kelvininin is offline   Reply With Quote