View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #6
arwenmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
Edited to remove my terseness.

It's possible that there is a fire alarm or carbon monoxide detector that need to have their batteries replaced. Are you trying to avoid buying a battery? The main 12v battery is likely necessary to have. The electric trailer brakes (if equipped) will need a good battery to work in case it becomes disconnected while travelling.
I still don't understand why the alarm goes off, but it seems to be related to the battery in some way because when it was going off this morning, I went into the trailer and found the water pump on switch was on, no idea how it got on but it was, turned it off and alarm stopped immediately.

As I stated earlier in my posts, The battery the trailer came with seems to be no good anymore, I didn't really expect it to be good. I have ordered another battery to replace it, but that will not arrive until April 7. So no I am not trying to avoid buying a battery.

I AM trying to understand what is going on with the trailer though as this is my first one and came with no booklets or info. And no where have I read anything about a battery alarm that sounds whenever the battery is low and you try to turn on anything that would be powered by the battery.

I thought someone here might recognize this particular feature, if that is what it is and give me some insight into it.

Carbon monoxide and gas and smoke detectors all seem to be working fine and they are not what is going off.
arwenmark is offline   Reply With Quote