View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
firsttt

Sprinter 26BHS rear stabilizers

Hi,
Just returned from our 1st trip in our new (to us) 2008 Sprinter 26BHS. A great trip all in all, with just enough adventure and many great interactions with our fellow campers.

A couple of questions I'm hoping some more experienced folks here can help me with:
1) The unit has no rear stabilizers (DOES have front stabilizers), and it really seems to need them (shakes like a carnival ride when someone is in the shower -whee ! ). As far as I can tell, it never had rear stabilizers. It does not have a lot of exposed frame structure,
only obvious points are where the bumper connector is attached (see picture). Is there any problem with jacking at these points? The unit is 4 season, so the bottom is completely sealed. I'm thinking it's ok as long as the jacks don't induce any upwards load on the frame - am I thinking about this correctly? I don't even think I'd weld them on, but just place them there when we park.
2) Are slideout stabilizers a good idea? It seems like the slideout is something that would benefit from some amount of "help" with load bearing.

Picture:

Thanks!
--Brendan
firsttt is offline   Reply With Quote