View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #7
Hansel

Let me give some details, ever since I've owned the unit the front cap where it meet's the rubber roof has always been a problem, I was always resealing it every year too year in a half. I'd been over the years resealing the around all of the vent's, and around the front and rear seam's. Well a few months ago when me and wifey where camping the front wall(head board) area was getting a spongy feeling like the stuff was crumbling apart behind it, but the weird thing was I did not see any signs of water damage, the panel inside the cabinet's was fine so I thought maybe because it was the front of the camper the constant wind slamming into it had cause it too get that way. So I have actually damage in the front and rear.

Now the estimate, over 9K of that is labor ($109) and hour

So I talked with the service guy and he explained that the entire roof would need too come off as well as the front cap and part of the rear, so it is really labor intense.

What makes me upset was 10yrs ago when I bought it I wanted a metal RV carport too store it under too keep it from the rain,snow, and constant sun. So now because I didn't or couldn't get one, my camper is in bad shape.

I just wanted too warn everyone that the recommended inspection of the roof is every 90 days per my RV dealer.
2003 F-350 CCDRW 2X4 7.3L Powerstroke
Hansel is offline   Reply With Quote