View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerhummer View Post
I live in the state of Georgia and I wish more parks (state,COE, you name it) had cable. I know many will not agree with this but it is just my opinion.

I really want to go camping tomorrow but all the parks I want to go to lack cable. I know camping is to get away but in the night I like to watch a little TV after the last log has been burned. fuzzy ABC, CBS, & NBC just don't cut it. Whats the use of a 40 inch TV with 3 blurry channels? I am a channel surfer... when I camp . I Don't have much time to watch it at home....

Secondly I have 2 kids under 7 and cable works well for them in the morning when mom and dad wanna sleep in till 9:30AM. Yes the TV is the baby sitter. I know it sounds crazy but I get up at 5:30 M-f so on Sat I like to catch up on Zzzzs.... Cable allows the kids to get up and entertain themselves for a while and lets me sleep. Anyway this is just my rant I guess i need to invest in a hopper or similar portable sat system so I can bring my own cable to the park... Carry on
With the government spending and the tax income where they are, I wouldn't look for any government funded campground to invest in cable or make any other significant improvements in the foreseeable future. As for private campgrounds, that's another story, probably more based on competition than on amenities provided.

You might want to consider a satellite system or as suggested, record those programs you'd find interesting and simply watch them either on a HD or DVD?

From what most people are looking for in a campground, cable doesn't seem to be the "I won't stay without it" deciding factor for most of us, rather it's a "Eh, OK, maybe I'll hook it up" kind of perk.

If your kids are anything like ours, they'd just as soon watch a couple of DVD cartoon movies as have cable for their "Saturday morning pleasures", so you should be able to sleep late if you teach them how to turn on the DVD player along with the TV. A word of caution (from a dad with 35-45 year old children): Not keeping an eye on them on Saturday morning can result in flour and milk all over the kitchen when they get the idea to fix you breakfast in bed. <YIKES>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote