View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #3
Jeremym27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I doubt there is a supply shut-off for those lines. Adding valves wouldn't be difficult, depending on what material the lines are made of. If they are the standard plastic (pex) there are a variety of fittings/valves that can be installed without any special tools. If they are flexible hose then all that's needed is a threaded shut-off.

A trip to the nearest RV parts counter might be best, but I am willing to bet the local big box hardware store probably has the same fittings, that's where I bought my "Own" tool for repairing those lines with the crimps.
Thanks Chuckster. Am I safe in assuming that a threaded end cap would simply close the loop and I will have accomplished my goal of preventing this from happening again?

If so, I assume that I need to turn off the water supply to the trailer, let the water bleed out that is already there and apply the end cap. Does that sound right?

I'm not trying to be dense here, but I thought I had this problem licked before. I can do my share of carpentry but anything plumbing or electrical I avoid like the plague.

Parked year round at the campground.

I'd love to hear about your mods!
Jeremym27 is offline   Reply With Quote