View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 09:48 AM   #65
wired1236

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
I would use caution with that guide. It is simply a brochure with very general information, which I think you recognized.

One example of the pitfalls with this document is that in order to get the max-payload/towing package, it forces the diesel engine, so that gives you a max package and $10-$12k for that 100 lb. increase over a gas engine without the max package. If you haven’t done so already, you might want to review the Ford order guides for additional detail and clarity. Some features are available now in Job 1, but many other items are not available later in the year in Job 2. This is also going to be an abbreviated model year, so some features may never make it into a 2023 production model.
Well you do get more than 100lbs of additional payload for $12k. Not to say that's a good deal but you do increase your towing capacities too as you said. Also, Tremor packages throw it off in different ways. I noticed (and I think I'm correct) it's really odd in that on the 7.3L, you actually get more 5th wheel towing capacity with the Tremor vs non Tremor...but your gain in the reverse with the 6.7,,,explain that one? I'm afraid to even ask the dealer as I'm pretty sure they can't explain it either.

And oh ya...I've poured over so many times that I have water coming out my ears! Maybe that's the problem? I know the differences between job 1 and 2...I'm in job 2 which is to only say I may get a truck this year..or may not....

Why do they make finding and figuring all this out so difficult? Gone are the days of "You can have any color you like as long as it's black".
wired1236 is offline   Reply With Quote