View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 05:34 PM   #96
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathman View Post
Thanks Markcee, I do understand the basic concept of calculating the pin weight, all the explanations from everyone here accomplished that, but all I was asking was a very specific question regarding the factors that go into the calculations.
The above answer you gave was exactly what I was looking for, to know whether the fuel was counted, or not, for the purpose of general knowledge on future calculations prior to buying a fifth wheel.

That being said, if all of you that have the years of experience that allows you to calculate these weights as second nature, I think you take that ability for granted, to the general public, this is some complicated stuff that isn’t easily conveyed or understood so easily.

Regarding the answer you provided on the fuel, I’d be willing to bet a steak dinner that 99% of the people on this planet have no idea that the weight of the fuel is calculated as you described.

So thanks for making me one of the 1% that now know that.
Ok, now that you’ve got all the information you should need, what have you arrived at for a decision on your trucks ability to carry the fiver your looking at SAFELY and LEGALLY?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.