Thread: New Truck
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 04:49 PM   #30
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
I'm planning on ordering one soon. But, I need the 5th wheel prep package, or why bother? If the dealer can add it, so be it. And I can have LINE-X do the spray in liner. I'm not positive, but I believe the LED lights are also off the table from the KR on down. I'm planning on a Lariat dually. Can anyone else confirm that? To the OP, very nice truck, enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
I can confirm the spry in bed liner and the 5th wheel prep package is being done by the dealers. After I received the e mail mine was built and sticker was posted. I looked at the sticker and seen the liner and 5th wheel package were not on it. I contacted the dealer and they confirmed fords was not doing those options any long at the time. Reason given it delayed the build and deliver time of the trucks.

Will the dealers be installing those options themselves or farming it out? ..seems like it’s gonna be another bottleneck and backlog at the dealership.

My Ram has a injection pump upgrade/ recall that affects all 2020-2021 Ram 6.7 Diesel engines…Ram announced it but when I call different dealers the service dept tells me they have no idea when the parts will arrive or how they will get to all the many trucks involved…don’t think they have the manpower to do them in a timely fashion