View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 05:45 AM   #15
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2366 View Post
This helped make my decision that I had from getting service work done on my wheels that I need 5 new tires. My RV is a 2019, the tire manufacture date is 28-18 so and have 20k plus miles so its getting close to four years old. I was going to just get the two back tires but with the suggestions here I am going to get 5 tires.

I am going with the tire that Danny has the Sailun S637. I will check to find a dealer to get them on asap. That will make traveling a lot safer.

Thanks!
Good decision IMO. I must say that it's easy for all of us to spend your money so rhat said, if possible replace 5 if budget allows. Some folks replace tires on motor vehichles one axle at a time. Theory being (from many decades ago) that the steer axle tires wore quicker than the rear axle tires. That argument it moot if you regularly rotate your tires.

Trailer tires are different. First, they typically age out before they wear out. They should have the same wear as they close together and rotate the same distance with the same forces. Replacing one axle only can lead to "forgetting" about the other set. I'm stating this for the benefit of others as you mentioned the mfg date so you know the age factor. Curious though, is one set appreciably worn more than the other? If that's the case it could be an indicator of other issues.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote