View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 07:37 AM   #35
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
I use the GasBuddy App to check local prices on Diesel, we are in Western North Carolina right now until the end of the month. Some Joker keeps posting prices at 5 nearby stations at $3.15-3.19. Prices are actually $3.39-3.49. And updates em about every 8 hours. I wonder if he owns the stations and does this so people will go to one of them and since they are already there just give up and buy it there.

I think you are right on that...last weekend Hildy needed juice so the BP in monroeville was quoting 319. It was REALLY 345, but the getgo was 335 across the street so ef em

IF you have gas points...the wife runs it up$1.50 easy in 2 months which helps for 30 gallons, we run down hildy, fill it and 3 5 gallon cans, BUT ! epiphany! Giant Eagle sells HD and lowes gift cards at $100 each, that is 20 cents off gas. we are remodeling both homes and I can evaporate a $100 gift card with 1 bedroom sized door - we have 13 in the house...so the day we head to HD or lowes to buy, I stop in at GE, buy the gift card, head to HD or lowes, spend it and sit on the 20 cents. AT present we are $1.80 off and we just hit 3.55 so I will fuel after this weekend.