View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 06:59 AM   #31
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
No need to go on a rant or apologize. Real life is "what is" and reading numbers fabricated/generated by ???? is another thing. I talk to oilfield producers often, my neighbor OWNS oil wells that produce. They KNOW what is happening vs making suppositions. In the end we all pay the price for "think I know" vs real life. No need to cite anything to prove something; we know, others believe what they will....and that conversation can't help but get political.
As of this post, I'm going to disengage from this conversation. I have stated my position and backed it up with objective supporting documentation from reputable recognized sources. The numbers are not fabricated and certainly not hearsay or anecdotal. They are the real world numbers provided by the industry.
"The Energy Information Administration (EIA) is the statistical agency of the Department of Energy. It provides policy-independent data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy..." "... EIA is the nation's premier source of energy information and, by law, its data, analyses, and forecasts are independent of approval by any other officer or employee of the U.S. government."

The plain and simple truth is demand for fuel is up and production is down causing an artificial shortage and higher prices. There are two options to effect a lowering of fuel prices; increase production or reduce demand.
This is NOT a political issue for me and I have not stated any political bias. I did not bring up the issue of mandates and as it turns out no mandates have been issued stopping production or increasing production from existing wells and refineries.

My RV traveling season is over until next spring. I hope by then this issue is resolved. Until then my diesel fuel consumption will be "0". Just doing my part to reduce consumption and help lower prices
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.