View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 01:41 PM   #16
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon67 View Post
Canonman has it IMHO. Unless we were to nationalize oil production, the market will dictate the price. Washington could potentially dump out some of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve but again - my opinion - would be better reserved for emergencies like a hurricane hitting square on Baytown and/or Surfside and shutting down the refineries for an extended period.

FWIW - Mexico has nationalized oil production and according to google, price is around $4.12/gallon USD.
A couple years ago I bought my trike from a couple up in Lubbock and it was when that storm hit the gulf and shut the refineries for a bit and transport from the refineries was messed up. I didn't realize folks would rush the service stations like gas was going to be unavailable forever. Waited a week after the storm hit because I was afraid there might be local flooding (there wasn't) and flew up and drove the trike on home. EVERY station in Lubbock was out of gas as people had been standing in line to get all they could till it dried up. I got out in the country away from the big city and small mom & pop stations had gas as most probably only had a tanker come in once a week. It was strange. Kind of like the toilet paper situation when the covid first reared up.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike