View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 03:26 PM   #41
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribtip View Post
O.p i answered your question very simple with a yes yesterday. Anything else you will read here after that is opinion. Do not cross any weight on your truck. And be glad you didn't ask about what color to buy.
I was gonna ask opinions on Oil Change interval and brand next…mostly because I seem to like y’all and what you have to say. (Know that it’s a forbidden topic on most motorcycle, Corvette, and IT forums as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHTH
The "payload sticker" is only valid on the day the truck was weighed at the end of the assembly line and the sticker was attached to the door frame....

As soon as it rolled onto the dealer's lot and you bought it, that "maximum payload" becomes a "conditional payload"... in other words, if your DW is sitting in the passenger's seat and she weighs 300 pounds, you have less payload than if she's sitting in the passenger's seat and weighs 100 pounds...
The audience ponders the factualness of the statement and ponders the way it was presented with abject horror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHTH
To "clarify" the above: It could be weight in her purse or weight on her seat, both affect that "yellow sticker" by reducing the remaining "available payload"...
And JRHTH sticks the recovery!

I’m thinking I need a truck with double the payload of the measured, fully-wet, trailer requirements. Anything less could be catastrophe.
Rocketsled is offline   Reply With Quote