View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 02:15 AM   #40
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I agree with Javi!
Unless you saw the badging on the fenders I'd bet money that she, nor you, could tell the difference if standing between a newer diesel & a gasser.
As for towing there's NO comparison between the two, the diesels are made to be workhorses & will do so without breaking a sweat.
I've tried to she if she could pick out a diesel by the sound in a campground earlier this year. A new(er) Duramax went by slowly pulling a rig. Nice and quite to me. Because I'm a Ford guy, she knows the name Powerstroke, not Duramax. Didn't matter, she nailed it right off. I can tell you that when my kids were younger, they couldn't mutter anything under their breath without her hearing them. Lol. But she has also said we need to test drive a diesel before we buy anything. See what it sounds like in the cab. We have predetermined size limits on what we want to live by in our RV. So either gasoline or diesel, I know we'll be fine. Especially since this will be OUR adventures, her comfort and piece mind is far more important to me than anything else.
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote