View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 03:24 PM   #10
dutchmensport

I have a diesel truck, but I do not use Truck Stops. I hate them. (for many reasons). I use only gas stations that advertise "diesel" and choose carefully. Usually, along interstates there are no problems. And the same is true with gasoline pumps. When in town, or a congested area, I usually avoid fuel fill-ups unless it truly is an easy-in, easy-out situation.

I say this, because, if I have no issues, or very little issues at fuel stations for diesel that are not truck stops, gasoline would be a no-problem at all situation.

I also rely heavily on Gas Buddy (app on my phone) and keep it set on "Diesel". Gas Buddy is a great app and will help you a lot.

And fyi,.... my fifth wheel is 41 feet long. With truck-in-tow, I'm right at a total of 60 feet long. And that's a lot of "length" to fish around at gas stations. I choose them carefully! And yes, I've passed many up. Also, I always start looking for fuel stations at half-empty. I never "start" looking when on empty. By then, it's too late.