View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 12:26 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Most "off the interstate gas stations" that I've run across, if they have gas and diesel (you can tell by the red and green numbers on the price sign) have diesel and gas on the OUTSIDE pump islands. As long as you can get under the canopy and there's room to maneuver as you're leaving the pump, there's enough clearance to get to the gas pump on that same outside island....

Just survey the "lay of the land" before you commit to a specific island. Make sure there's a way to get away from it as well as a way to get to it.....
There will always be some kind soul who parked in front of the only diesel pump with his little Kia so he can go in and buy beer, lotto tickets and use the bathroom I sit in the sun waiting for him to move his Kia. He will come out and fiddle for at least 10 minutes before clearing the lane with the diesel pump. At most service stations out where I live there will only one but perhaps two lanes with the diesel spigot and one will have a plastic bag over it. The main issue the OP will face is getting turned into a gas lane without rubbing the side of his camper against the big cemented in steel posts as many gas stations don't allow for a lot of turning radius.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote