View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I drive a gas truck. IMO unless you are driving on interstates the problem with hitting a station that a large RV can get thru can be an issue for either gas or diesel in smaller towns. Some stations only have diesel on select pumps and you don't know which one that is when pulling in blind off the highway so in that respect there's not much difference to me.

As far as getting fuel, yes, it can pose a bit of a problem at times depending on where you are traveling. I've learned to start looking for fuel while I still have plenty to "get to the next town" in the event there is nothing right off the bat. Some places are easy and set up for longer rigs, some places aren't and you have to look for end pumps that you can pull into and either a drive around building or an exit to a side street. In a pinch I will pull in and then back up enough to navigate. DW has learned what I want in a station and assists in locating them if I'm in traffic.

IMO you'll do fine with a gas TV, just might have to re-learn what to look for and when but no big deal. On the interstates a diesel has the edge because truck stops will be catering to the bigger rigs and have dedicated diesel pumps.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote