View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 10:39 AM   #65
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I've heard this "reasoning" before but I don't agree with it. From my experience and from anecdotal reports the recent 1 ton trucks ride about the came as a 3/4 and I don't understand the difference the temperature makes. Saying it will only be used to tow 20% of the time . Take a revolver, insert one round, spin it and place it against your temple and pull the trigger. Having 5 out of 6 chambers empty means you have an 83.33% chance the hammer will fall on an empty chamber. I'm not willing to take those odds. I'm also not willing to take a 1 in 5 chance (20%) knowing that there's a 100% chance of driving a truck that's overloaded. I also don't appreciate someone driving down the road pointing a gun at me playing "Russian Roulette" or with a truck passing me doing the same with an overloaded set up. JMHO, YMMV
Again, it was a gap in knowledge. One ton trucks have an extra spring that, IIRC, doesn’t even contact anything until the other ones deflect far enough.

We’re currently in that “evaluate every oz to stay underweight” phase of our lifecycle. The next vehicle will be a dually...eventually...we’ve put less than 1000 miles on all our vehicles over the past 6 months.
Rocketsled is offline   Reply With Quote