View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:21 AM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Thanks, guys. No codes thrown. I've read those same threads and many more like it, George. Seems the only issues that arise are on different engines and much older to boot. Yes, a lot of the same troublesome parts can be on multiple engines so the effects and causes can be the same from a 5.0 to a 6.2.

I do all my own maintenance, always have, and I agree the dealer needs to give it a look so I'll make an appointment and leave it for them. They'll likely need it cold if they want to experience it when its warming and at its worst, so an overnight cold soak at their facility would be best. Last time I was left without my personal vehicle for any length of time due to mechanical was 1990. Guess its time huh.

I was curious if what I'm experiencing is something others have noticed as well. One individual I spoke to the other say said it almost sounds like engine lope (as they listened to it). I guess I could see how that could be, but typically that's something I remember hearing about on engines that are not electrically controlled (older designs and more of a muscle car thing).
Keep in mind the tech that scans your engine MUST use a scan tool that catches all Ford specific codes. The CEL codes are kind of generic/universal but there are codes that pop that will throw the wrench light and these are never picked up by a regular scanner. If you care to check it out, there is an open source tool called FORSCAN that you plug into your OBD2 port and it talks to your laptop and does read all Ford specific codes thrown.
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=1616519974848

It isn't a bad idea to use a Ford certified tech but it is nice to be armed with some info going in so you can judge if the tech is top notch or a dud.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote