View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 08:17 AM   #6
Bill-2020

Thanks, guys. No codes thrown. I've read those same threads and many more like it, George. Seems the only issues that arise are on different engines and much older to boot. Yes, a lot of the same troublesome parts can be on multiple engines so the effects and causes can be the same from a 5.0 to a 6.2.

I do all my own maintenance, always have, and I agree the dealer needs to give it a look so I'll make an appointment and leave it for them. They'll likely need it cold if they want to experience it when its warming and at its worst, so an overnight cold soak at their facility would be best. Last time I was left without my personal vehicle for any length of time due to mechanical was 1990. Guess its time huh.

I was curious if what I'm experiencing is something others have noticed as well. One individual I spoke to the other say said it almost sounds like engine lope (as they listened to it). I guess I could see how that could be, but typically that's something I remember hearing about on engines that are not electrically controlled (older designs and more of a muscle car thing).