View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 05:58 AM   #68
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
You'd think..

Though seriously that's only about a 1000 pounds over the DRY pin weight. If I remember right, dry was 2570. The trailer is only a little over 14,200 as it sits with a GVWR of 15K.

The problem with this trailer, if you want to call it a problem is the storage spaces. There is nil behind the axles, even the fridge and stove is in front of the axles.

We are not full timing but we are loaded as if we were. We decided long ago that hauling crap to the trailer every time we wanted to go camping was ridiculous; and so we keep it loaded except for perishable foodstuffs. We are ready for a weekend, or a month, or a year without loading anything else. We even keep the dog food and treats in their sealed containers. Along with at last count 186 DVD's

Literally, I can leave work at 3:30 drive the 7 miles home and pickup the DW and pup, drive the 5 miles to the trailer, hookup and be on the road in a total of 45 minutes. And I have beaten that a couple of times..

When we get home the only things unloaded are the dirty clothes and perishables. We make a list of foodstuffs that we need for the next trip and replace them when we return the clean clothing and so we're ready again..
Totally agree with the statements in blue!
We didn't head out right after work often, the time we did, it was an hour and 15 minutes, but I had to put the hitch back in the truck and air up the tires. We also loaded a tote with perishables from house refer to load the 5er refer. Pretty much the same on return, bed was made with fresh sheet, before departure. We agree 100% preparing for next trip should happen the week after the last trip, makes RVing so much more enjoyable.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote