View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 08:06 PM   #63
jfk69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 Jet Mech View Post
So I just took delivery of my 2021 Ram (see sig). Although my RV is not the largest by any means. Pin weight could be in the ballpark of 3200-3300. I could have made it for sure with a 3500 SRW gasser, maybe with a 3500 SRW Diesel. Is it overkill? Right now yes. However reading this forum religiously for the last 3 years and soaking up information from these very fine and knowledgeable folks I went BIG. Money wasn’t really any different than a SRW. Looking ahead there is always the possibility of “upgrades” to heavier stuff behind.
However what works for me may not be for you. Do I need the big truck? Probably not, it was more a want than a need in the configuration I chose.
“Gee wiz” stuff.....
My pickup is simpler. No adaptive cruise or lane assist, it does have the gooseneck prep. 50gal tank, 4:10 gears etc. I bought it to pull.
Stereo is decent, I didn’t get leather but did opt for 5 passenger seating with the big console (DW request on cloth and buckets).
Installed my own LED bulb package, splash guards.
Got the spray in bed liner, windows tinted ( with an “eyebrow “) and sidesteps. Oh we stream so it also has WiFi.
So pretty basic. LOTS of payload.
Main thing is to make sure it’s safe and just in case.....it’s legal... weight wise.
All 3 are good and capable TV’s.
Good luck.

Scott
Congratulations on the new rig, sounds awesome! I hate leather seats,so your new rig sounds right in my wheelhouse. Enjoy the new rig and safe travels.
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote