View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 01:14 PM   #48
jfk69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
First, Your GVW is 11,400, the GVW on the truck you're addressing is 12,400. That's the extra 1000 pounds of payload. What they did to increase the GVW isn't reflected in the build data available. It may be nothing at all or it may include increased springs, axles, frame members, brakes, bearings, or it may include a different "yellow sticker"... We (consumers) haven't got access to those "engineering secrets
Trivial, I know, but my truck GVWR is 11,500. The rest I mostly agree with. I also didn’t condone exceeding payload. My point, indirectly, was that of the several RV boards where I am a member, I haven’t seen one where folks are grilled quite so hard as here. Just an observation. Sometimes, people pull with what they have. We did that with our previous fiver. It got us back into rv’ing after a long hiatus, and we upgraded the truck when the timing was better for us.

I just disagree with some of the “absolute” responses and I’d be happy to kick back at a campfire with most anyone I talk to on all these boards and knock back a drink of your choice while we debate it. The fact is most posts anywhere on the internet have 0-some “fact” and a LOT of “opinion”.
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote