View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #46
Traindude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
So the question is your current 5er doesn't require a diesel or one ton, a gas 3/4 ton will have enough payload for a 10,000# 5er.

That brings up the question, what are your future plans?

How big are you looking for the future, current one ton diesels will have a payload between 3,800# and about 4,200# that may sound like a lot. Well a 16,000# 5er with a 22% pin will have a pin weight of 3,500#! Well add passengers, hitch, and stuff carried in the truck and that leftover 700# of payload disappears quickly. If the future plans exceed 16,000# think about getting a DRW now.

As to options park sense or parking assist is nice, exhaust brake is standard on all new HD diesel pickups.
Puck system for 5er hitch is a must have.
Tow package with integrated brake controller.
Power Heated tow mirrors.
4X4 it is cheap insurance.
Comfort options of your choice.
I understand I could go with a 3/4 for my current set up. Right now I have an f350 srw . I like having the extra payload room. The reason I want to go 1 ton is because I don’t know what the future will bring. I thought my TT would be the last trailer I bought but now I got a 5er. Glad I already had the truck for it so. So now looking to update the truck . I want this to be the last truck I buy but who knows what will happen