View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 09:08 AM   #40
adeakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traindude View Post
Just wanted to get some opinions on getting a new truck. So far this what I am thinking. 1ton diesel srw with an 8 ft bed. With that being said any features that you all like or dislike. Not trying to start a debate on trucks Ford vs Chevy, or diesel vs gas. Just ideas on what out there, help hints that sorta thing
Thanx
Depends on what you’re towing, I suppose. I wouldn’t pull anything over 8,000 lbs that is mot (a) a 5th wheel and (b) without DRW. But, that’s just me. I took a leap of faith and bought a 2020 F350 7.3 liter gas truck with - of course - an 8’ bed. It’s a dually. Can’t say I enjoy the ride, but it pulls my 14,000 lb Montana through the Smoky Mountains as good as my previous 7.3 diesel did pulling a smaller 5’er. Towing gas mileage is a bit better than the diesel but worse than the diesel without the trailer in tow. Fuel cost savings is the difference between regular gas and diesel which, east of the Mississippi, ranges from around 30¢ to over 60¢ a gallon. Out west, not so much.
adeakins is offline   Reply With Quote