View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #58
James R Moneypenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrusty View Post
I just want to give a heads up to others who may be as ignorant as I have been about blue def quality. I have assumed that as long as it says 100 per cent blue def that the brand did not matter. In fact I have often filled the blue def tank at truck stops. Now my truck is in the shop because of crystals forming and stopping up the blue def system. Been a week as they took out the tank and injector and other parts. The diesel shop mechanic says that they have had tractor trailer trucks cut off while idling overnight after filling def tanks at truck stops. I had noticed the white crystals around the dispenser nozzle but didn't have the knowledge to know it was a problem. NOW I know the hard way.
Anyway. just a heads up to others like me that don't know any better. I don't know if we are allowed to mention a brand but if we can let me know and I will tell you the brand my mechanic recommends. He says they have never seen a problem when using this particular brand. Thanks for listening and hope this can help someone else avoid my problem.
Dear friend:
I had exactly the same problem with my exhaust system - put some "old" DEF in and had no idea about def crystals and contaminants. yes, I'd like to know what brands are recommended. Spent ~ $850 to replace parts/labor.
James R Moneypenny
James R Moneypenny is offline   Reply With Quote