View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 08:06 AM   #52
sourdough
Site Team

I won't try to talk you out of the 3500 either. As a person that sounds much like I am, and have the same concerns I did, I can honestly say go to the 3500 right off the bat. With 2 small ones and more camping on the horizon there is no telling what will come up as far as camper needs/wants and those "little" ones will keep growing. Or, you could end up like me; out of the blue DW decides she wants a 5th wheel (which I said I would never have) THEN, out of the blue, she decides she wants a washer/dryer...stackable (which I said I'd never have ). So you can see how it could go one day.

I had the same concerns you do about the ride and in fact refused to go to the HD truck for years. They are a little rougher riding than a 1/2 ton but air down the rear tires from 80psi and it's fine. The 3500 ride is about the same as my 2500 was. The 2500 has coil rear springs and the 3500 has leaf (better for loads IMO). If you are ordering get hemi get the 6.4, 4.10 axle and 8 speed; a tough combo to beat for towing what you are looking (will be looking) at.

As far as resale, that's a crapshoot. 1 tons are not nearly as common as the 3/4 ton. In some areas that will lead to a better price while in others it won't. I wouldn't worry about it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote