View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 12:46 PM   #40
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhoads23 View Post
How big of a deal is it to get the 4.10 axle? It seems like those are in the minority when compared to the 3.73. I have found some that check most of my boxes but they have the 3.73.

Wondering if it is worth giving up some of my creature comforts to get this (things that can not be easily added down the road - i.e. nicer radio, LED headlights, ...)
Is it possible to have the dealer upgrade from 3.73 to 4.10? Any idea what the cost would be for this? I know when building one the 4.10 option is only a $145 upcharge
If a nice stereo system is important to you it’s probably better to get it now.
It’s a VERY important option to me. Stereo systems are not as easily replaced as they were even 10 years ago. Especially if it has even the base touchscreen system in it. Most everything is tied into the factory computer and steering wheel for hands free operation. I was going to get a big horn with everything I wanted except the alpine stereo system. It sounded bad to me.If you check on crutchfield audio you will see it’s not easy to upgrade. It would have cost me over $1200 and would have looked cobbled together.the new trucks also have noise cancelling technology built into the stereo system to lower sound of engine and outside noises.The base speakers are not very good. I ended up going with a Laramie with the Harmon Kardon system and I love it....sounds like I’m in a concert hall.
If music isn’t that important then you may be fine but music is a big part of what makes me happy so I need the right tool for the job.

I almost settled on two different trucks because I was getting tired of looking..I waited one more day and it all came together and I found the perfect truck for me. I wanted the 50 gallon tank and nice stereo system ...some of the other stuff wasn’t as important but it all came in a package on this truck. Don’t rush it have the dealer do a search for the vehicle or go on Ram builder and search inventory