View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #17
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhoads23 View Post
Looking to upgrade to a Ram 2500 and looking for some advice. Would love a diesel but most likely going with a gasser (cost). And I am pretty much set on a 2019+ Ram 2500 (open to a 3500). Getting something with 4WD and crew cab. Do not want DRW.

Wife and I along with two little ones. We currently have a Outback 23RS. No immediate plans to upgrade camper but I could see us getting something a little larger down the road. We go 6-10 times a year and usually stay within 150 miles from home. When not camping will be a daily driver with mostly short commutes (20 miles or less)

My question is what should I be looking for (or what should I be steering clear of) in terms of transmission, gears, anything else ... ?
Or given our habits, does none of this matter *all that much* to the point I should just look for the best deal out there?

Thanks!

P.S. I apologize if this has all been asked before. If so, please shoot me some links for further reading
Every truck made today can PULL your trailer, it's the PAYLOAD that will trip you up. ONLY the yellow sticker on the drivers side door frame will tell you the truth. That payload is for EVERTTHING added after the factory. ALL humans, all stuff in the side pockets, tool box, hitch, fuel. The easy way is to load the truck as if you were going away and get it weighed. Subtract that number from GVWR and that is your pin weight or tongue weight. To be safe a 1 ton 350 or 3500 is best bet. Only need a dually if you are planning on a 40' 16,000 lb RV in the next 10 years or so. I drive a 450 as my only vehicle, no problems.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote