View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 08:22 AM   #27
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Keep in mind that if you buy in FL just tell them to register it at your DMV where you live. You pay AL tax and not FL. They will send the info to the tax office, pay for everything and you can either pick them up if you are there (AL) or have them sent to you. I opted to have them sent to the dealer (FL) since I was sort of mobile in the RV at the time. I just went and picked them up - TX tags from a FL dealer. The only downside is that in TX I would have gotten a 2 year registration sticker and in FL 1 year was the only option.

I'm not sure what the end of the year will hold for incentives. Inventories went to pot when everything shut down but they are slowly restocking. The places I've just given a casual look through still seem to be down though. Depending, this year may not be a good one for trying to get a deal.
Thanks, I have found that dealers use a different % on calculating AL sales tax than what I would pay by going to the county courthouse. Since the trade difference is small, that amount won't be a huge factor. Also FL I think requires dealers to collect the tax, GA one didn't. I bought a boat last year from a FL dealer near Destin and they collected the sales tax.

Yeah I'm afraid that this year is much different financially than previous years in reference to incentives. But since there's basically nothing, 500 military or first responder and a HO diesel one, waiting won't hurt. You are right, inventory is down but there are some out there and they are getting some from the factory. These come from Mexico anyway.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)