View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
It's was in Crestview. I'm going to postpone going. I spent hours cleaning and rain is just about here. And the big one. Current factory incentives are puny. I know times are different but dealers are getting stock in regularly now so the "covid factor" isn't that much a issue today. Next month, just a couple days away will bring new incentives list. We'll see how that looks or even the end of the year. No trips planned and if I did, I could still "download" to take one.

I've got a "local salesman" supposedly looking but I trust my research over theirs. What I read on one site in their disclosures, they are paid by the selling dealership for acting as an intermediary. I can go direct and save everyone, especially me. I'm going to use the Ram corporate vehicle tracking in different areas and see what's around. I've been contacted by several, a lot actually, of dealers offering to help me find a truck. I've told them I can do that locally I want to know what's out there now. I've bought across state lines a few times here and it's pretty painless. I usually get a bill of sale transaction and I'll deal with any tax, tag, title issues in AL. Sales tax in AL is low, 3.08%+- of the difference. Most dealers

And the beat goes on. Meanwhile it's a cool day and I have about half a billion bugs on the front of the Raptor that need to come off. Thank you rural South Dakota

Keep in mind that if you buy in FL just tell them to register it at your DMV where you live. You pay AL tax and not FL. They will send the info to the tax office, pay for everything and you can either pick them up if you are there (AL) or have them sent to you. I opted to have them sent to the dealer (FL) since I was sort of mobile in the RV at the time. I just went and picked them up - TX tags from a FL dealer. The only downside is that in TX I would have gotten a 2 year registration sticker and in FL 1 year was the only option.

I'm not sure what the end of the year will hold for incentives. Inventories went to pot when everything shut down but they are slowly restocking. The places I've just given a casual look through still seem to be down though. Depending, this year may not be a good one for trying to get a deal.