View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 07:00 AM   #25
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
David I don't know where you are looking in FL but I bought mine in Tallahassee. I usually just tell the dealer "this is what I want" with a list of must haves then nice to haves. Let them do the search. The dealer I used ended up finding my truck in St. Augustine and had it brought in for me. At that time they had a pretty good selection of HD trucks (end of last year) and were bound by the employee + pricing from FCA so I didn't have to deal real hard.

Instead of using those services that you mentioned (don't know how they get paid but figure if they refer you to a dealer someone gives them something; I assume in the end out of the buyer's pocket) I just pick dealerships that 1) might have something I want and 2) are in a place I think I might go spend a day or 2 - within a 2-300 miles. But, I have the time and don't mind pulling their websites to look at inventory. I will note this, I don't know how it is in AL but when I was buying the truck and trailer at the end of last year neither the truck dealers or RV dealers in TX could match the FL pricing.
It's was in Crestview. I'm going to postpone going. I spent hours cleaning and rain is just about here. And the big one. Current factory incentives are puny. I know times are different but dealers are getting stock in regularly now so the "covid factor" isn't that much a issue today. Next month, just a couple days away will bring new incentives list. We'll see how that looks or even the end of the year. No trips planned and if I did, I could still "download" to take one.

I've got a "local salesman" supposedly looking but I trust my research over theirs. What I read on one site in their disclosures, they are paid by the selling dealership for acting as an intermediary. I can go direct and save everyone, especially me. I'm going to use the Ram corporate vehicle tracking in different areas and see what's around. I've been contacted by several, a lot actually, of dealers offering to help me find a truck. I've told them I can do that locally I want to know what's out there now. I've bought across state lines a few times here and it's pretty painless. I usually get a bill of sale transaction and I'll deal with any tax, tag, title issues in AL. Sales tax in AL is low, 3.08%+- of the difference. Most dealers

And the beat goes on. Meanwhile it's a cool day and I have about half a billion bugs on the front of the Raptor that need to come off. Thank you rural South Dakota
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)