View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #69
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaniel View Post
I too see the 150s, 1500s and 2500s struggling here in the mountain west pulling a rig that is way to much for that TV. But, I am not the weight or tow police, so, it is not my business.
Whether it's your business or not doesn't mean we are all exempt from the reality that we could fall victim to their negligence. I'm on the interstates for about 40 weeks out of 52. I see crashed RV's, pickup trucks upside down, overloaded SUV's trying to do what a dually should be doing. I watch that short wheelbase SUV squatting under the weight of a TT that should be hooked up to 3/4 ton. Or the one I just passed wobbling in my wake, wagging the TT like a dogs tail, hoping he doesn't lose control and hit my rig or run off the road into the wood line.

As a cop I've worked a crash where an entire family of four crashed and burned in their truck towing an overloaded TT on a rainy day. The "weight police" on this forum aren't saying anything that I don't know, and regardless of how arrogant they may sound to some of you folks asking what you probably already know, facts are facts. Do your homework. Don't keep trying to make the round peg fit in the square hole. If you're wrong, just accept it and deal with it. Get the smaller trailer if you can't afford the bigger truck.

Keep yourselves and the rest of us safe, please!

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote