View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #9
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
John in my original post I said I was contemplating going back to a dually, it's just the equipment that that I need to decide on. For my creature comforts I prefer the Laramie which puts it in the mid/upper amenity range. I really don't want some of the stuff on the Limited or things like sunroof, power side steps and such. Nor do I want to "rough" it in a Tradesman and that level. My SRW 3500 Laramie has the lower hp and torque motor with the 68RFE transmission and it handles the trailer very nicely. That 19 Laramie I looked at yesterday had the same power train and the door sticker was 5800+# with is a 1600# gain over my SRW. At my stage in life I seriously doubt that I'll be buying a trailer that would need the full capabilities of the high hp engine and AISIN tranny. I'm not concerned about hp bragging rights either. The RAWR on that dually was 9750 which is a 2750# gain from my SRW. I'm certainly not looking at segment upgrade and that additional capacity would mean not having to download to stay within limits. I frankly expected, and hoped, for more of a weight transfer off the pin when I loaded the garage.

Reference the Bosch fuel pump in the 19 and later, I read some more and it seems to be after 100K miles and related to potential lax fuel maintenance as in not changing filters. The other issue stated was pump lubrication since it was developed in Europe which has different diesel supposedly. But I have a hard time accepting that Cummins would deliberately use a substandard pump for the USA market. At any rate if I get a low mileage, I'm unlikely to put over that 100K since it's not a daily driver and I'm not a full-timer. And I do maintenance.
All three of the major players have had problems with the Bosch pump and lube, one reason I run Diesel Kleen in every tank.