View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #54
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwake901 View Post
Sourdough, how much weight are you pulling with your gas pickup?
I have not scaled it. Bought it, DD in FL got sick as we were closing the deal, had to leave and got back 4 days ago to ruined fridge, no fridge availability, find one and arrange install plus all my communications at the house had been disconnected and I've worked every day on that trying to get it "back". All that said;

Dry weight on this unit, if real, is 11, 4xx. We carried 12-1300 lbs. of stuff in our other trailer scaled. We removed some things in the changeover but added some things so should be very close to same weights. Hitch went from approx. 125lbs. to approx. 40lbs. Load in truck dropped because we stopped carrying some other items including a 50lb. enclosure. Figure we are at 13k or a little less.

The 8 speed was a game changer. The 6 speed had so many "holes" in the ratios that you were always falling into one and trying to get out. The 8 speed eliminated that. The 4.10 keeps it spinning so the drops are really negligible with tow/haul engaged. I really couldn't believe the difference. Specs don't indicate it but they did something to the engine; timing, cam, exhaust....it sounds nothing like the previous one I had...stronger.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote