View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:20 PM   #17
rob_ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
All the gurus on the site failed to ask... will this be your daily driver or will be used mostly for towing your camper? If it is a daily driver, of course a newer truck be it used or new will give you a bit of piece of mind. If you are just dragging a camper, well... in my case, I bought a 2006 F350 strippo model for $7K and put about $3K in it and it is now reliable and works well for pulling my camper. $40K is a lot of money for a tow beast but if you are going to use it as a daily driver get one that will also work for towing. I tend to buy clunkers and work on my property and don't put many miles on my truck. Look at that aspect with regard to your own situation.
Not a daily driver but will be taking it mostly weekends from our home in Long Beach, CA to our other home in Palm Springs, CA ,110 miles apart. Also we camp (without TT) and backpack often so it's nice to take a truck for our gear.

As far as upgrading, we've been contemplating on moving up to a larger TT. Who knows what the next RV show will be and what catches our eye then, so I'd like to keep the options open on something that'll pull a bigger TT if the need arises.
rob_ps is offline   Reply With Quote