View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 03:40 PM   #13
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_ps View Post
Thank you all for the replies and great information.

So far we are leaning towards getting a used diesel. As someone mentioned at our price range, we are seeing certified used trucks which typically have the original mfg warranty with factory extended warranties offered.

I like the idea of not paying for the initial depreciation and having the option of selling the diesel for close to what I pay for in a few years (hopefully). Don't get me wrong, I've purchased many new cars and I'll miss the new car smell on this purchase, but this truck will probably sit on my lot 10 months a year.

BTW, reading the comments of not ruling out a 1 ton makes good sense, thanks!

All the gurus on the site failed to ask... will this be your daily driver or will be used mostly for towing your camper? If it is a daily driver, of course a newer truck be it used or new will give you a bit of piece of mind. If you are just dragging a camper, well... in my case, I bought a 2006 F350 strippo model for $7K and put about $3K in it and it is now reliable and works well for pulling my camper. $40K is a lot of money for a tow beast but if you are going to use it as a daily driver get one that will also work for towing. I tend to buy clunkers and work on my property and don't put many miles on my truck. Look at that aspect with regard to your own situation.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote