View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 02:25 PM   #12
linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I am the odd man out here I figure. I'm a gas guy through and through, also always buy new and won't buy used. What do you get for that? "Intangible/personal" benefits that only I (and those like me) appreciate. But.....
1) I semi agree. Or I agree with the first part. I like gas trucks and I buy new to get just what I want.
2) Either truck should suffice.
3) A RANT! It drives me crazy with all the talk of "Buy a 1 Ton because you will go bigger". More TT needs bigger TV and a bigger TV means a bigger TT.
After lots of looking and study we bought our 2016 for CASH. We love going to RV shows and talking about how our TT is better than (whatever). Look around evaluate your needs and realistic needs, buy and be happy. Be happy.
My current truck was $56.5K, and I paid cash. My wife always pays cash for cars, Subaru Crosstrek (shudder). We have been in our house for 40 years and yes it's paid for.
At the drop of a hat, actually you don't have to drop the hat, we wonder off for weeks at a time.
We can do that because we don't owe anyone anything.
Stop looking at the next TV or TT and enjoy what you have.
At age 60 when my company shut down our division and laid everyone off I was happy because I was thinking of retiring and getting laid off was a better deal.
Think about what you want and need. Plan for the future.
Enjoy life.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote