View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 06:34 PM   #53
BigToe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
BigToe, as one just looking into this stuff it does sound like smoke and mirrors; one of the reasons so many folks get confused and sometimes irritated.

In most cases getting the diesel is a trade off basically; a heavier diesel engine that will tow x lbs. much easier than a gas engine but generally with less payload. You also deal with the up front cost of the engine/drivetrain itself which one has to personally determine if their needs warrant.

You have to either KNOW what trailer you are going to buy so you have specifics to spec a truck (knowing if a bigger trailer is in your future is beneficial) or KNOW the truck and be willing to spec a trailer to fit its capabilities regardless if the trailer is inadequate or not. To do anything different puts you directly on the path of so many others that start the leap frog game of bigger trailer/truck, unhappy, repeat. We are here to help, not aggravate so keep shooting the questions and we will help all we can. Hopefully you can be one of the lucky ones that "gets it right the first time".
Thanks so much. I’m now into a process that’s become frustrating instead of fun like I had anticipated. I acknowledge I’m the reason for that due to my limited knowledge. One of the issues I’m running into is that since the truck manufacturers were shut down to make defibulators there’s a heavy duty truck shortage. I’ve sent info requests to dealers in 5 different states now just due to not finding anything closer that’s what I’m looking for or in my price range. I should of picked out a camper first and went from there but not having the vehicle to tow it I was focused on that.

I thank everyone for all the advice. It’s greatly appreciated and all of you have probably saved me a huge headache and I can’t be thankful enough.
BigToe is offline   Reply With Quote