View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 08:10 AM   #42
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToe View Post
Just checked on the specs of a 1 ton diesel and lost a hundred pounds on payload. I hate this process. It’s smoke and mirrors. Truck says it can pull an additional 5k lbs over the gasser but in actuality it’s does less than the gasser due to payload.
I agree, it is kind of a smoke and mirrors thing. When you look at the gas models it looks like you have all this towing capacity and you do, sort of. Depending on the options you may have a high payload on the gasser because that engine weighs much less than the diesel engine. But the reality is that you'll be so underpowered that it won't feel like the truck is up to the task. On the other hand you can get a truck with the diesel so gussied up with options that there isn't much payload left to tow what you need to. That's one of the reasons I opt for the dually. My payload is 4529 pounds and if I didn't have the crew cab it would be over 5000 pounds. Much to consider.

Understand though, my dually is also my daily driver when I'm home, so short trips, long trips, it doesn't really matter. I swore when I got this truck that if the emissions or exhaust filter ever gave me any problems I would do the delete. 190000 mile and I still have the OEM emissions system on it.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote